What Is NINO?
You may well have spotted a number of NINO teams spread throughout the Activity Challenge leader board.…
This is what Retail Managing Director, Will Morris, said when asked our six questions about what the Activity Challenge means to him:-
1. What do you enjoy most about being active?
For me my jogging is central to my life. I am utterly addicted to it but it really is just jogging circa 30mins a day and never doing too much so as to avoid injury.
2. What are you looking forward to most about this year’s activity challenge?
I'm hoping it inspires people to find the right activity for them and that they are active in some way
3. And what are you not looking forward to!?
4. How do you fit in being active into your busy lifestyle?
For me it's always always early morning as if not, it gets squeezed by other priorities
5. What does being fit and healthy mean to you?
For me exercise clears my mind and as importantly, balances the other 'naughty' things in my lifestyle. I try and eat well but I enjoy a glass of wine etc!
6. What message or tips do you have for those taking part in this year’s activity challenge?
Really try to make the early morning thing work. If you have family and other work commitments it's really hard to be consistent at other times of day. But if you do miss the odd day or two dont give up. Just start again.
Thank you Will for your time and important message about how exercise helps clear your mind. In recent SHE briefs we have talked about how our physical health and mental health are closely linked so physical activity can be very beneficial for our mental health and wellbeing too.